Kelly Limerick is the pseudonym of Singaporean-born artist Kelly Lim (born 1991).
Having first picked up crochet in 1997 when she was 7 years old, Kelly then taught herself knitting, and has since been coming up with original designs for both crochet and knit.
Kelly often creates without a sketch or set patterns to produce unique, one-off designs. Her work often includes elements of 'kimo-kawaii' (きもかわいい)- a Japanese term meaning grotesque-cute- and focuses on textures and details.
Recently, she has been exploring large-scale installations, which inject unexpected visual impact in urban spaces and aim to provide immersive experiences by engaging the site.
Much like a living object, her art 'grows' with new inspirations every single day.
Combining various techniques with the abstract images in her head, Kelly hopes to breathe life into each piece, challenging herself to explore a new technique with every new project she takes on.
kllylmrck's essence runs the strongest through her Atelier line of commissioned display pieces, where each piece has an inimitable personality of its own.
(To find out how to own a unique atelier art piece, please visit the FAQ)
HA/DE, which means 'flashy' in Japanese, is an accessory line incorporating items like toys into crocheted textures, marrying tacky and cute to form a unique aesthetic.
EXHIBITIONS & EVENTS
• The Best of You, Marina Square (SGP)
• World Amigurumi Exhibition, RESOBOX Gallery (NYC)
Dec '14 - Mar '15
• HYPERFLAT Collective, Design Festa Gallery (TKY)
• Wonderbrain, Alice Lee Plaza, NUS (SGP)
Jan - Mar '16
• Tiger Trading Co., Canal Street, Chinatown (NYC)
• MUJI Living in a Garden City, ION Orchard (SGP)
• Design, Make & Craft Fair 2017, National Library (SGP)
• Singapore Designers' Showcase, Meetscal Store (TKY)
• A City of Books (#BuySingLit2018), Bras Basah Complex (SGP)
• Rebel at Heart, contented.cc
• Knitting is Cool, The Straits Times
• The Girl with Magical Hair, CATALOG Magazine
• Tricks of the Thread, The New Paper
• 16 Singaporeans... Breaking the Rules, FEMALE Magazine
• 5 Singapore Creatives... Knitting to a Whole New Level, FEMALE Magazine
• Singapore Street Style Gets Real, TODAY
• Dare to Disrupt, L'Officiel Singapore
• Humans of Fashion, FEMALE Magazine
• Crocheting is Darn Cool, 8 DAYS Magazine
• 今熱いのは断然シンガポール！, Ginza Magazine (Web)
• The Originals: Forging New Paths, The Straits Times
• 给猫小孩的艺术展, I-Weekly Magazine
• The Unusual Suspects, Channel Newsasia
• Eye Candy, City Nomads (SG)
• Follow the Groove, Pin Prestige (SG)