Kelly Limerick is the pseudonym of Singaporean-born artist Kelly Lim (b. 1991).
Having first picked up crochet in 1997 when she was 7 years old, Kelly then taught herself knitting, and has since been using both skills for her artworks.
Kelly often creates without a sketch or set patterns to produce one-off designs. Her work includes elements of 'kimo-kawaii' (きもかわいい)- a Japanese term meaning grotesque-cute- and focuses on textures and details.
Recently, she has been exploring large-scale installations, which inject unexpected visual impact in urban spaces and aim to provide immersive experiences by engaging the site.
Much like a living creature, her art 'grows' with new inspirations every single day.
kllylmrck’s first artworks in 2014 were brought to life in her CREATURES line of commissioned soft sculptures, where each one has an inimitable personality of its own.
Please read through the FAQ to find out more about owning a Creature artwork.
Launched in 2019, LANDSCAPES began with explorations of texture from nature, also introducing kllylmrck’s first wall-mounted works with sculptural elements.
Enquire about a commission via the Contact Form.
Under the DoreDore Dreads line, Kelly creates one-off dreadfall sets, each with it’s own tale. A mix of synthetic hair is crocheted, paired with felted wool sourced from Japan, and finished off with matching trinkets.
The line has been discontinued since March 2019.
EXHIBITIONS & EVENTS
• The Best of You, Marina Square (SGP)
• World Amigurumi Exhibition, RESOBOX Gallery (NYC)
Dec '14 - Mar '15
• HYPERFLAT Collective, Design Festa Gallery (TKY)
• Wonderbrain, Alice Lee Plaza, NUS (SGP)
Jan - Mar '16
• Tiger Trading Co., Canal Street, Chinatown (NYC)
• MUJI Living in a Garden City, ION Orchard (SGP)
• Laneway Festival 2017, The Meadows (SGP)
• Design, Make & Craft Fair 2017, National Library (SGP)
• Singapore Designers' Showcase, Meetscal Store (TKY)
• A City of Books (#BuySingLit2018), Bras Basah Complex (SGP)
• SHINEfest, Singapore Sports Hub (SGP)
• REJECTS Exhibition, The Substation (SGP)
• Rebel at Heart, contented.cc (Web)
• Knitting is Cool, The Straits Times (SG)
• The Girl with Magical Hair, CATALOG Magazine (SG)
• Tricks of the Thread, The New Paper (SG)
• 16 Singaporeans... Breaking the Rules, FEMALE Magazine (SG)
• 5 Singapore Creatives... Knitting to a Whole New Level, FEMALE Magazine (SG)
• Singapore Street Style Gets Real, TODAY (SG)
• Dare to Disrupt, L'Officiel Singapore (SG)
• Humans of Fashion, FEMALE Magazine (SG)
• Crocheting is Darn Cool, 8 DAYS Magazine (SG)
• 今熱いのは断然シンガポール！, Ginza Magazine (Web)
• The Originals: Forging New Paths, The Straits Times (SG)
• 给毛小孩的藝術展, I-Weekly Magazine (SG)
• The Unusual Suspects, Channel Newsasia (SG)
• Eye Candy, City Nomads (SG)
• Follow the Groove, Pin Prestige (SG)
• 《玩物壮志》, Channel 8 News (SG)
• The Art of Crochet, Crochet Now (UK)
• Art of the City, Mabuhay (PHL)
• The Vanguards: 40 under 40, Prestige (SG)
• A Different Beat, Harper’s Bazaar (SG)
• Local Giants, Augustman (SG)
• kllylmrck, @vogue Instagram (International)
• PUMA #RunTheStreets, PUMA (SG)
Digital - Singapore only
• Passion Made Possible, Singapore Tourism Board
Digital, Print- Singapore only
• Louis Vuitton X L'Officiel Singapore, L'Officiel (SG)
Digital, Print- Singapore only
• Selfies on iPhoneX, Apple
OOH, Digital- International
• New Balance Grey Day, New Balance (SG)
Digital- Singapore only
• Sephora Festival of Beauty, Sephora
Digital, In-store- SEA, India, Australia, New Zealand
• #EMPOWERPUFF, Cartoon Network Asia