Kelly Limerick is the pseudonym of Singaporean-born artist Kelly Lim (born 1991).
Having first picked up crochet in 1997 when she was 7 years old, Kelly then taught herself knitting, and has since been using both skills for her distinct artworks.
Kelly often creates without a sketch or set patterns to produce unique, one-off designs. Her work includes elements of 'kimo-kawaii' (きもかわいい)- a Japanese term meaning grotesque-cute- and focuses on textures and details.
Recently, she has been exploring large-scale installations, which inject unexpected visual impact in urban spaces and aim to provide immersive experiences by engaging the site.
Much like a living creature, her art 'grows' with new inspirations every single day.
kllylmrck's essence runs the strongest through her Atelier line of commissioned soft sculptures, where each piece has an inimitable personality of its own.
HA/DE, which means 'flashy' in Japanese, is an accessory line marrying tacky and cute to form a unique aesthetic. As her ‘ready-to-wear’ line, this is the only one available to buy online, and stocked in SUPERSPACE (Orchard Gateway, Singapore).
Under the DoreDore Dreads line, Kelly creates dreadfall sets, each with a unique story. A mix of synthetic hair is crocheted, paired with felted wool sourced from Japan, and finished off with matching trinkets.
To order an Atelier piece, please proceed to the FAQ.
EXHIBITIONS & EVENTS
• The Best of You, Marina Square (SGP)
• World Amigurumi Exhibition, RESOBOX Gallery (NYC)
Dec '14 - Mar '15
• HYPERFLAT Collective, Design Festa Gallery (TKY)
• Wonderbrain, Alice Lee Plaza, NUS (SGP)
Jan - Mar '16
• Tiger Trading Co., Canal Street, Chinatown (NYC)
• MUJI Living in a Garden City, ION Orchard (SGP)
• Design, Make & Craft Fair 2017, National Library (SGP)
• Singapore Designers' Showcase, Meetscal Store (TKY)
• A City of Books (#BuySingLit2018), Bras Basah Complex (SGP)
• SHINEfest, Singapore Sports Hub (SGP)
• Rebel at Heart, contented.cc
• Knitting is Cool, The Straits Times
• The Girl with Magical Hair, CATALOG Magazine
• Tricks of the Thread, The New Paper
• 16 Singaporeans... Breaking the Rules, FEMALE Magazine
• 5 Singapore Creatives... Knitting to a Whole New Level, FEMALE Magazine
• Singapore Street Style Gets Real, TODAY
• Dare to Disrupt, L'Officiel Singapore
• Humans of Fashion, FEMALE Magazine
• Crocheting is Darn Cool, 8 DAYS Magazine
• 今熱いのは断然シンガポール！, Ginza Magazine (Web)
• The Originals: Forging New Paths, The Straits Times
• 给毛小孩的藝術展, I-Weekly Magazine
• The Unusual Suspects, Channel Newsasia
• Eye Candy, City Nomads (SG)
• Follow the Groove, Pin Prestige (SG)
• 《玩物壮志》, Channel 8 News (SG)
• The Art of Crochet, Crochet Now (UK)
• Art of the City, Mabuhay (Philippine Airlines)
• The Vanguards: 40 under 40, Prestige (Singapore)
• A Different Beat, Harper’s Bazaar (Singapore)
• Local Giants, Augustman (Singapore)
• PUMA #RunTheStreets, PUMA (SG)
Digital - Singapore only
• Passion Made Possible, Singapore Tourism Board
Digital, Print- Singapore only
• Louis Vuitton X L'Officiel Singapore, L'Officiel (SG)
Digital, Print- Singapore only
• Selfies on iPhoneX, Apple
OOH, Digital- International
• New Balance Grey Day, New Balance (SG)
Digital- Singapore only
• Sephora Festival of Beauty, Sephora
Digital, In-store- SEA, India, Australia, New Zealand